To help you stay guarded against investment scams, below are some resources you can use to confirm that the company and any persons involved are regulated.
Use the FI Directory to check if an investment company is regulated by MAS.
Use the MAS Register of Representatives to check if an individual is licensed by MAS to provide financial services.
The Investor Alert List provides a listing of unregulated persons who, based on information received by MAS, may have been wrongly perceived as being licensed or authorised by MAS. The information published on the Investor Alert List is based on what was known to MAS at the time of publication. This list is not exhaustive and will be updated.
Click on the links below for tips when buying investment products.
- Investing in foreign properties? Here are some tips to consider
- Common types of unregulated investment schemes
- Pitfalls of dealing with an unregulated entity
- CAUTION: If it's too good to be true, it probably is
- Avoiding get-rich-quick seminars
- Dealing with aggressive selling
Check out these sites to learn more about informed investing and other types of scams.
You can lodge a report at any of the Neighborhood Police Centres or